Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Papa's brand new bed

So last weekend, Rachael and I went to the Woonwinkels (lit. Living Shops) in Rotterdam. We went there with the sole purpose of securing for ourselves a new means of sleeping.

Our apartment was furnished, which is both a blessing and a curse. On the one hand, we had a full set of appliances and eating utensils upon moving in (as mentioned in a previous post), yet we have to deal with some very unfortunate curtain and couch upholstery.

Never the less, these minor transgressions I'm capable of living with. I do not ask much out of my color combinations. The biggest problem was the master bed.

You see our bed is perhaps one of the finest on offer from IKEA. Many metaphors leap to attention, so I'll pick one at random. That's like picking out the best smelling turd in the sewer. The mattresses we have (the dutch always use 2 for their larger beds) are here. I can't find the frame we have.

Anyways, after a month, it has slowly worked it's magic and now has me waking up each morning with my upper thigh killing me and my back stiff.

The first place we look at had some interesting models, but we had difficulty figuring out what the prices included. e1500 is a great deal on a full set, a crappy deal if it just includes the frame. When we were finally ready to get some help from a sales person, it was some sleazy guy giving us the hard sell. We got out of there, regrouped, and headed to:

Linker Lisse.




That is not in fact our bed. It was next to the frame we did get though! Picture it without all of the oranments on it. It's actually a really nice stainless steel frame.

Anyways, we'll get it in 5-6 weeks. They're delivering it 2 weeks earlier than usual, out of sympathy for the ikea stuff

No comments: