Search This Blog

Sunday, September 2, 2007

My two favorite (and least favorite) Dutch appliances

Last week we made a trip to Media Markt to pick up some basic appliances we have been missing. We got a microwave which we desperately needed. Our convection oven just wasn't adequately heating up the tasty schwarma sandwiches we pick up at Jumbo. So the microwave is good, but my most favorite appliance is my Senseo machine.

Now most people probably know I am a bit of a coffee snob so they might be surprised that I am singing the praises of a contraption which uses prepackaged coffee pods. However, if you only have one minute in the morning and don't want to make a big mess, this makes a decent cup of Joe...especially if you buy the premium or fair trade blends. Seriously, I don't know why these things aren't more popular in the US.

My least favorite appliance here has to be our washer/dryer. It is one of those energy efficient combination machines and it is very small. It also takes about 3 hours to complete a load.

No comments: